Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Getting there...

Well I spent another 4 hours in my room today..well okay maybe 3 1/2 because I was out cruising and catching up with some other teacher friends! hehe. Here are a few pictures of my room getting closer to being ready for students.

I got this idea from Hilary over at Fifth Grade Fancy
 I plan on using this i help in my class somehow. I thought it was a really cute idea. I also saw it on pinterest. Gotta love Pinterest!!

I had some cupboards/cabinets that I wanted to save but the stuff on the shelf isn't really that pretty, so I covered it with some of the left over material I had from my walls.

I scraped sticky stuff off these cupboards for about 30 minutes. I am very pleased on how they turned out!

 This is another Pinterest idea that I saw. I made some class journals with specific topics. I plan on being the first one to write in the journals so they have a model. I plan on using these as a center rotation.
I have had this black board for quite a few years and when I was teaching kindergarten I couldn't really find a way to use it. I think I may have for 4th grade. When we have specific words we are focusing on they will go on this board! So fun!!

 Simple 99 cent baskets with cute new labels that I found on pinterest. I LOVE PINTEREST!! haha
 This I already posted about in my "productive day" but I thought I'd post it again because I think it's fun!
So my mom gave me this storage bin. It used to hold fabric of hers, then it held toys at her house for my kids to play with. I just added some scrapbook non fade construction paper in the front and bam...it's going to hide a whole bunch of stuff and still look nice!! :)

Seeing two of my team members today got me really excited for my new adventure in 4th grade. I am very excited! Bring it on 4th grade!! School starts August 20th!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with all your great ideas! Definitely plan to steal a few. Can't believe you are making the move from Kinder to 4th. You will be amazing...

    -Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabrina. Yeah it was a big move, but I am very excited for it. No need to steal you can take...lol!

      Heather

      Delete
  2. Yay!! I love finding other 4th grade bloggers out there. I am new to the blogging world too (July) and have learned so much! I like your shared writing journals. I also made some this summer along with the making memories can. Isn't it great getting so many fresh ideas? Thank you for stopping by my blog and I am your newest follower:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete