Thursday, November 8, 2012

What are you thankful for?

So, for the past 6 years I have been a kindergarten teacher. Do you know how hard it is to be teaching a new grade level? I am having a hard time trying to fit in "fun" holiday things. I had no idea how much there is to teaching an upper grade level. I enjoy teaching 4th grade and was able to finally do something fun with my students. My kids have been very patient. We just got finished with summative testing and writing tests. Report cards are done and conferences are next week. So here is what we did this week. I did this activity in kindergarten two years ago and decided to do it with my 4th graders. We talked about what we are thankful for and then for Homework on Monday night I gave them a feather template and they had to decorate it and write what they were thankful for. A few of my students are HUGE One Direction fans, so I had to tell them to be serious about this project or else I knew they would all come back and say they are thankful for One Direction...LOL Here is how our project turned out!


3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love you turkey...it is hard to fit in the fun things in upper grades!
    I have nominated your blog for an award...click on over to my blog to check it out!

    Cheryl
    Spotted Around the School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I looked at your "Thankful" tree and it's cute!

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to let you know the post about the blog award is now up...stop by when you can.

    Cheryl
    Spotted Around the School

    ReplyDelete