Monday, April 1, 2013

April Currently

Well here I am again with my monthly post. I have been so bad at posting except for the currently. Since this is my first year teaching 4th grade, I am spending a lot of the year getting to know the curriculum and standards! Hopefully next year I can post more and create new things!!

I am linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade
 
 
 
Listening- It's almost bedtime, so the big 5 year old is watching Team Umizoomi, math dragons. My little 2 year old is reading books sitting right smack next to me. I love to hear her "read."
 
Loving- It's been a long time coming, but my yard is finally looking like a yard. My hubby has done A LOT of work. Last June he tore almost everything out and has been dirt and weeds ever since. He took last week off with me and he got the yard done. He had a little pressure of a certain 2 year old birthday party in 2 weeks!
 
Thinking-Open house, I definitely like open house in the spring, but not this year, it's on my daughters birthday!!
 
Wanting- One of the projects in the backyard was to build a garden bed for me to plant in. It's in and ready, I'm so excited!!
 
Needing- I need to clean my room for open house and finish making the goodie bags for my daughters party. I am hand making Minnie and Mickey bags...thank you pinterest!
 
Advice- nothing makes me happy except for doing the things I like; like being a fun mom, crafts, blogging, teaching, sewing and what ever new craft I find on pinterest! DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!
 
Here are a few pictures from my currently:

The garden box!
 
 
Minnie door wreath!
 
 


Mickey and Minnie bags!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That minnie wreath is adorable! Hopefully everything will work out with your hectic schedule! BTW I found you via the currently link up-but your link is wrong! It goes to mrsbucaroff.blogspot.org. try deleting the link and linking up again!!

    Allie
    The Gypsy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie, I deleted it and did it over.
      :)

      Delete
  2. Such a cute wreath! I love it. You should totally put that on pinterest! Good luck with your open house.

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Mickey Mouse bags!! Adorable! Just found you through the Currently. I'm also a CA blogger. I'm a new follower!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I taught ask for 6 years before moving to the upper grades. Now I don't want to move back. Ever. :)

    Love that garden bed. We live on 23 acres, but I'm still thinking about doing some raised beds. Too lazy to till up the ground!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great advice! I don't think I could do any job that I didn't love -- I don't know how people do it!

    Thanks for stopping by - I am your newest follower!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete