Saturday, April 13, 2013

Open house April 11th

We had Open House this week at our school. It was quite a crazy week. We had our weekly baseball practice on Tuesday, Wednesday we attended my Aunt's Celebration of Life ceremony, and then Thursday was my daughters 2nd Birthday and Open House. We had her birthday party today. It was fun and successful, but I am glad it's all over with now!

Here are some pictures of my room. We focused on rocks and minerals as we just ended this unit.

Hardness test on Rocks and Minerals

Books we've read in Guided Reading Groups

Fraction Art

The Lorax "How to Help the Earth"

Rock and Mineral Posters/Chants

 

 Student Projects
 

 Cute Owl Art Project
 
 Positive and Negative Art
 
 Mineral Poster
 
 More Student Projects

 
Student Art on Missions
This turned out to be really neat! I loved it!
 
 
 
Happy Birthday to my little Minnie Girl Aleena



3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! My sister in Calif. keeps sending me pictures of your beautiful weather while the rest of the country freezes! I am glad I found you on Currently. Us Heathers have to stick together.I LOVE your cute owl art project. Happy Birthday Aleena. Thanks for sharing with your newest follower, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been beautiful, 90 Thursday and Friday, mid 70's today (Sat.) I can't believe some of the weather the other states are having. I will check out your blog, us Heather's do need to stick together! :)

      Delete
  2. You had so many cool projects on display at your Open House! The students must have been so proud of all of their work :) Found your site from Blog by State, and will definitely be back again. Keep up the good work! - Joe
    Joe and Allie Teach

    ReplyDelete